Friday, October 5, 2012

Interior Design


Pinned Image
 
Since I was in seventh grade I have wanted to be an interior designer. I can’t quite remember how I decided on this particular field; however even then I knew it was a good fit for me. When I used to play Sims computer games I would always spend hours building and designing extravagant houses for my Sims, and then play the actual game for 15 minutes before becoming bored and starting on a new house. I love projects, especially ones that involve being creative and finding innovative solutions to common problems. Even now, every Sunday my parents take me to an open house, something I used to beg them to do and has since become a tradition. I never cared if the houses were furnished because if they weren’t I would design it myself in my head. Pottery Barn is my most visited website, even more than Facebook and my TV is practically set to HGTV. I always wanted to do something artistic but practical, and a career where I can spend hours looking at fabrics and analyzing color schemes and designing doesn’t even sound like a job. To me, this isn’t a job, it’s a passion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment